Personal web page
Mirza Md. Nazmus Sakib
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Specialization: Geotechnical Engineering
Mirza Md. Nazmus Sakib is currently working as a Lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). He completed his B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from the same institution. His research interests lie mainly in triaxial behavior of soil, soil stabilization, Microbially Induced Calcite Precipitation (MICP) technique and stabilized earthen blocks. In addition to his academic and research efforts, Mirza follows international and franchise cricket, ultimate fighting championship (UFC) and international chess tournaments. He is a fervent supporter of Bangladesh, Australia and Chennai Super Kings in cricket.
- MSc in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical), BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2022 – Present)
- BSc in Civil Engineering, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2017 – 2022)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Rajuk Uttara Model College, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2016
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Rajuk Uttara Model College, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2014
- Triaxial behavior of soil
- Soil stabilization
- Microbially induced calcite precipitation (MICP) technique
- Stabilized earthen blocks
- Best Paper award: For the paper titled “Suitability of agro-industrial wastes and soil in manufacturing strong and durable earthen block: A review”, issued by the Civil Engineering Division, Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh in the 5th Annual Paper Meet and 2nd Civil Engineering Congress, held on July 29-30, 2022.
- Dean’s Award: in every academic session of undergraduate study for obtaining a CGPA higher than 3.75 (2017-2022)
- University Merit Scholarship: in every academic semester of undergraduate study for excellent results in each term (2017-2022).
- Dhaka Education Board Scholarship: For outstanding scholastic performance in HSC and SSC examination.
Professional Work at National and International Levels
- Editorial Assistant and reviewer of 5th Annual Paper Meet and 2nd Civil Engineering Congress (2022), IEB.
- Member, Organizing committee, a seminar on the challenges faced during the construction of the Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project on August 4, 2022.
- Paul, S., Sakib, M.M.N., Elahi, T.E., & Islam, M.S. “Sustainability of agro-industrial wastes and soil in manufacturing strong and durable earthen block: A Review”. IEB 5th Annual Paper Meet & 2nd Civil Engineering Congress.