PABX No: 7224
Room No: 655
Personal web page
Mohammad Irfan Hossain
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Specialization: Structural Engineering
Mohammad Irfan Hossain is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). His aim is to secure a cooperative career in the field of Civil Engineering Profession to develop working experience and personality skills which will help to receive benefits and salaries to commensurate with his abilities and qualifications. Aside from this, providing high quality teaching, helping students to develop their skills and abilities, providing student counseling, assisting students in reaching their potential and ensuring the appropriate and positive learning environment. He is now working on steel shear dampers of different geometry at moment connections by finite element analysis.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) (2020)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) (2012-2017)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Notre Dame College, Dhaka (2012)
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Chittagong Collegiate School (2010)
- Finite Element Modeling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Numerical Simulation
- Nonlinear Analysis
- Seismic Analysis
- Structural Analysis
- Moment Connections of Steel Frame Structures
- Steel Shear Dampers
- Certificate of Participation in “International Conference on Disaster Risk Management (ICDRM)”, 2019
Professional Work at National and International Levels
- Routinely involved in laboratory and field testing through the Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation (BRTC), BUET. Testing services include different routine and conventional laboratory tests for civil engineering materials, field testing services include machine calibration, load test and integrity test of piles, CBR test of soil etc. since 2018.
- Hossain, M.I. & Hamim, O.F. (2020). Evaluation of Cast-in-Situ Pile Condition Using Pile Integrity Test. International Journal of Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 14(7), 150-155. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3931279
- Hossain, M.I. & Amanat, K.M. (2019). Numerical Simulation of Seismic Moment Connections with Steel Slit Dampers. Proceedings on International Conference on Disaster Risk Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh.